Saturday, February 03, 2007

Making the Switch

I used to be a Mac guy. Back in the day we had an Apple IIe in our basement and I would play games and make cool line programs that would emulate gravity. It was a whole new world.

In High School I had a Mac Classic and in College had a PowerMac.

Sometime after college I switched to a PC. Likely a business decision or programming need, but over the last 10 years or so I've been working on Windows.

Needless to say, I'm ready to switch. I still have certain needs for the PC at work, but I really want to experience what it's like to use a Mac every day. Maybe it's Steve Jobs' charisma or the fact that he's so damn excited about it, combined with that glowing logo, there's just some appeal worth exploring.

Instead of shelling out $2k for the latest and greatest, my desire has been more focused on getting one of those 12" PowerMac G4 with Garage Band installed so I can record some music and be super mobile.

Anyone have any experience that could assist my purchase? eBay has been helpful so far...I might start bidding soon.

This post feels like a confessional. Thanks.