Thursday, May 31, 2007

I'm not going to Google Developer Day...

...but I will be watching some of the webcasts.

I wonder how close it will be to seeing the real thing. My real fear of missing out is whatever the gift bag will contain, they've always got the best SWAG!

I was going to go, but considering that I was out of the office last Friday, Monday was a Holiday and I'm staring down an ever present deadline to get things rolling over here, I had to make the call. I'm actually ok with it, really...anyone who reads this blog knows how big of a Google fan I am, but this time I need to actually get work done.

I was discussing with a friend recently how difficult it has become to keep up with the pace of innovation on the internet. Every week a new company is coming out with a set of tools, APIs, features and widgets that I feel compelled to investigate, see if we should get involved, build our own, stay away from. It seems that the infusion of capital once again into Silicon Valley has incubated a ton of great ideas, many of which have no sound business model behind them except to get people to look at them (collect the underpants).

The biggest challenge of a bubbling marketplace is keeping the focus. I could spend all day reading blogs, researching new tools and playing with the latest gadgets, all the while forgetting about the things that have kept us in business for the last six years...

By the way, JamBase does indeed have an API. It's private right now, but if you'd like to play with it and integrate tour dates with your website, just let me know.

We're also working on a new version of the site. If you'd like to help test, also let me know.

Back to work...

Update: Watching the Google Desktop Gadgets session webcast they mentioned the JamBase Touring Gadget that our friend Martin Mroz built! Check it out!