Thursday, January 19, 2006

Sirius


I have been enjoying my Sirius Satellite Radio for the last week. The signal is clear and the programming is solid. No commercials is definitely nice.

I find myself switching around between Jam_on 17 (duh), The Vault 16, The Globe 98 (all Rolling Stones this week), Outlaw Country 63 (thank JBau) and of course, I can't resist seeing what Howard Stern is up to. It's tough to listen for me to listen for very long, as the fart jokes get a little old. I personally was a bigger fan of his when he was fighting the U.S. government, but I can understand how that wasn't really working for him.

I appreciate the read-out of what song I'm listening to. All too often with "terrestrial" radio I'll find myself wondering what in the world it was that they were playing, only to find the DJ off on another planet when the time comes to clue everybody in.

Given the clear two-way communication which exists with this device, I wonder when we'll see MySirius - a station that I can program online at their website which will play songs for My Favorite Bands and other like it, just for me. Some day...

It's quite unifying to consider the fact that everyone in the world can be listening to the same thing at the same time. Imagine the possibilities of the positive musical messages to spread...

p.s. Schwartz, you rock...