Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Update: Blog Email Subscriptions

Sometimes blogging can be educational for the blogger.

It turns out, there are three solutions to the Email Subscriptions problem I posted about:
  • Feedburner
    I use Feedburner to give my subscribers options and it gives me RSS stats, and now i've implemented the email subscription feature which you can sign up for at gadiel.com. It will send you an email every morning with any new blog post.

  • FeedBlitz
There is a limitation here, however, in that I, the blogger, need to set these up and have you subscribe to my Feed.

There is one other option it appears which will email you the Feeds whenever you want: Squeet - Cool name, did they come up with it by inventing the feature and then saying "Sweet!"5 times really fast?

I just subscribed to this blog through that, so we'll see if I get an email once this post goes through, and that would be really squeet.

Footnote: Of course I also realize that someone could use one of the thousands of email hosting services out there to create a mailing list, get people to subscribe and then email out your blog everytime you post (or set blogger to email out to the 1 address it allows), but that just doesn't seem like a very integrated solution...

Blogger, Feedburner and Squeet should really unite and take make everyone's lives a whole lot easier...

Thanks to Justin, Paul and of course Jon for educational experience.