Sunday, February 11, 2007

Uh oh ... MacBook dramas begin

I've had my new MacBook computer for a little less than 7 hours and already am having issues. The built-in iSight camera is no longer functioning.

I've done very little with it so far, just some simple tasks, took a few photos (yes, it was working) and recorded a song using GarageBand.

Alas, it seemed that Safari was having trouble minimalizing and crashed once ... then when I fired up iChat and saw a friend of mine had video capabilities, I clicked over but got an error that video could not be enabled. From then on I couldn't launch PhotoBooth, getting that error that the iSight couldn't be found or was in use. The iSight doesn't appear in my system profiler utilities and nothing happens after rebooting, taking the battery out for a half-hour or any of the other tricks I've tried by a few simple searches...

Uhhhmmmm....help?

Yeeeah, guess I'll take it back to the store tomorrow to get it fixed. Kind of a let down, although Garage Band was still fun.