Sunday, March 18, 2007

I'll Be Home Soon

Our dog NOLA has been having some separation anxiety. She's ok around the house, but when I'm in the office she always has to keep an eye on me. I had to leave her alone for an hour last week and pretty soon after I was gone she busted out of her comfy soft crate.

Our dog trainer recommended a book "I'll be Home Soon" which should hopefully help the cause. If anyone has any advice, we're all (pig) ears.

Here's my other thing - I went online to find the book. We want it NOW. I searched Barnes & Noble and Borders to see if they had it in stock locally. No dice. I went to Amazon and sure they have it but we won't get it until Wednesday (Tuesday if we pay $16 shipping). The book is actually only a $7 pamphlet so it's not that practical to order this way.

I called PetCo and PetClub to see if they had it in stock, they weren't sure. There's a dozen or so specialty bookstores around here, one of which might carry it. Who knows.

What if someone (Amazon/Google, I'm looking in your direction) offered a service where you could see if a book was available locally at one of your neighborhood book stores. The stores could pay some sort of monthly subscription fee in exchange for in-site advertising, or they could just offer it as a nice public service. This would support local economies and give instant gratification enthusiasts like me a solution to the current dilemma.

Maybe Google will add it to their Book Search section (although they didn't even have the book listed)