Friday, June 08, 2007

Airport Power

Sitting at the Airport waiting for a delayed flight, I bit it and bought the $10 wi-fi, damn.

But then my MacBook started losing juice and I didn't want to be left with only an hour of battery time since we've still got a few episodes of Entourage Season 3 to get through and I figured the flight would be the perfect place.

So I start wandering around the terminal looking for power. There's about 1 outlet every couple of gates, and they're all full with business travelers hunched at their laptops.

Here's a few suggestions for airports:
1) Power Strips: Turn two plugs into 12.
2) Fast-charging stations (I've seen this)
3) Free Wi-Fi, please.

Whoever is in charge of the general stuff at the airport could step up and deliver huge value to their customers in this situation.

Thanks to the Bay Bridge deli for their convenient outlet (pictures below) right next to a prime table. The turkey stuffing wasn't too bad either!