Sunday, July 01, 2007

My Music Blog

As we approach the official launch of the new JamBase, I'll be using some of my space here to riff on our approach, new features and the general process of it all

One of the features of the new JamBase I'm most excited about is My JamBase Blogs.

For years we've been accepting official story submissions from fans, but with all of the editorial production that goes into it we of course can't publish everything.

Now anyone can be a rock critic and share with the world they're thoughts on whatever they're feeling at the moment.

While we understand that there are a dozen or so blog platforms out there (this one uses Blogger), the idea of having an integrated blogging system within JamBase for people's musical pontifications allowed us to deeper explore the notion of allowing community participation as well as associate those writing with the artists they're talking about.

Once we get to a certain point, we can then start exposing quality writing around certain artists and do more to help fans turn other fans onto their favorite artists.

I'm personally excited to build in more features to allow you to follow your favorite JamBase Fan writer and expose quality writers that really bring out the emotion of the musical event. That, and allow photos and videos to be embedded easier ;)

You can check out MY JamBase Blog at: http://new.jambase.com/Profiles/blog.aspx?UN=andy and start your own by going to the New JamBase > My JamBase > My Blog.

Enjoy,
Andy