Thursday, September 01, 2005

NOLA

Like everyone else I've spoken to this week, my heart is heavy with the pictures coming in from the Gulf Coast. New Orleans has held a special place in my life for the last five years as a destination of pure jubilation and joy, providing countless memories and incredible weekends of positive musical, spiritual and emotional energy.

To see the city in ruins...i cannot explain my thoughts. Word do not come easily. It is an unbearable sight. The temple has fallen.

...but will be rebuilt.

I took the day off today and came back to find my staff put together an appropriate Newswire piece on how people can help the disaster, along with your comments. This is truly a community event, and one we should all pay attention to and hold deep in our hearts and give what we can to assist those whose lives have been tragically hit.

Let us take a moment to pray and hope that the Crescent City will one day rise and we can once again savor the essence of "takin' it easy".

My thoughts are with all our brothers and sisters without homes tonight...