Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Tableclothes

I spent the day home in Marin today, trying to get some focused code work done.

For lunch I went out to my favorite burrito place in Larkspur called Burritoville. There's just something about the way they make it that hits the spot, plus they always have the Arizona Green Tea with Organge Mandarin in stock, after I suggested it years ago. I hadn't been back in a while and as I walked in, I immediately noticed something different. The tables were covered with tableclothes.

It was a simple, inexpensive and effective thing to do, and while practical in covering up those sticky table tops which would attract salsa and kids spilling their drinks, it also elevated the look and feel of the place tremendously. It felt legit (not that it didn't before, but you know) and I felt better for just being in there...

...and that feeling was worth every penny of the burrito.

footnote: Later today I went to the Safeway to buy bus tickets, because that's the only place you can buy them. While I was there I figured I'd pick up a few home items (it worked!) and as I was leaving I saw the woman checking out next to me struggling with her groceries as they were piling up on end of the counter. She was pleading with the checker to stop the conveyer as her blueberries were getting squashed.

I left that place with the complete opposite feeling...