Friday, November 17, 2006

Musicovery



Here's one of the cooler things I've seen a while: Musicovory combines the visual mapping of MusicPlasma with the taste-based internet radio concept of Pandora (although i can't tell if it's actually using/mashing-up either services directly.

Pick your mood, select a year or range, Hit/Non-Hit/Discovery and then watch it go. I'm listening to Very Calm, Slightly Dark non-hit discovery music from 1950-1960, because, well...that's what I'm feeling like right now. Nick Drake is currently blessing my speakers.

I've been a huge fan of the Rhapsody personalized radio service, where you put in up to 10 bands you're into and it creates a dynamic radio station of their music along with other similar artists.

I think it's all about giving people easy to use controls to manage their discovery. This also has the added benefit of showing you what its going to play next and allowing you to skip to the next track as you look ahead.

On first impression, Musicology can be a very powerful (and fun) music discovery tool which takes all of the concepts to the next level...

Thanks to Digg for the alert...