Tuesday, September 26, 2006

The Olbermann Effect

As many of you know, I'm a big fan of Jon Stewart. For the last few years, I've tuned in to The Daily Show almost religiously as a way to get a burst of perspetive and 'real' news. I obviously found it ironic, as does Stewart himself, that I would turn to Comedy Central for reliable coverage. But it's true, in an age where it's easier to send a message to more people in the world than ever before, we are constantly bombarded by mis-information, and something has to cut through the clutter.

Enter Keith Olbermann. I don't know how long he's been doing it, but ever since I tuned in for his 9/11 special comment I've been intrigued by his straight laced progressive take on the days news. So much so, that I'm starting to find the Daily Show and Colbert Report a little bit silly...I guess that's the way it's kind of supposed to be.

His Special Comment tonite is one of the most impressive things I think I've ever heard or seen on television.

Thanks Keith - for having the courage to say what a lot of us are thinking...